Saving the world on a Sunday afternoon
Current Campaign: Gathering Storm
Covid-19 Action Plan
Code of Conduct
Member Maintained Documents
Kingdom of Exiles
The Barony Van Heusen
The Rest of the Kingdom
Authority and Politics
Cultures and Traditions
Beyond the Kingdom
The Hassani 'Empire'
Combat and Casting
Sites We Use
Building a Character
Armour Standards (New)
The System (New)
Kingdom Favour (New)
Characters (New 2)
Half-Elf (New 2)
Scouting Lore (New)
The Kingdom (New)
Bounty Hunters (New)
Demon Hunters (New)
Future Rules Changes
Small Humanoid Skills
Large Humanoid Skills
Monster Manual (new)
Skills - Small Animal
Skills - Large Animal
Skills - Demon
Skills - Small Humanoid
Skills - Large Humanoid
Skills - Dwarf
Monster Compendium (New!)
Not logged in
Marcus’s Tripod Site
– the original Blades website, with all the original silliness.
– Tumblr where people can ask questions on any larp subject and get useful answers.
– A celebration of Ladies Who
. Includes such things as how to make make-up stay put for a day in the field.
– Technically about tabletop but a lot of the articles can be extrapolated to larp.
– A relatively new group working on accessibility issues (physical and mental) in
and how to resolve them, both for organisers and players.
– Thoughts on aspects of
from a relatively new LARPer, very much worth a read.
– General website for all aspects of roleplaying, interesting articles and sometimes useful advice.
Tales from the Table
– User-submitted stories of when things went unexpectedly and often hilariously right or wrong in tabletop games.
– guides to sorting out physical fitness between games, especially useful for heavy warriors!
Kit and Craft
– includes the Kit For A Fiver section.
Antimony & Lace
– A number of useful simple sewing projects like long vests and pirate shirts.
– Meant for making LotR cosplay kit, a lot of useful projects and tips for everything from clay and metal to leather and fabric.
– Technically about making plushies but the Tutorials section is useful for a budding costume maker.
Clothing Patterns 101
– How to do full tailoring and pattern design from scratch for your particular body shape.
Historical Underwear: Corsets and Crinolines
– This one is more abstract, but it’s a useful resource for things to think about under your kit (although from a safety note crinolines can get interesting in woodland!).
– Tutorials for any aspect of cosplay, from costume to prosthetics to makeup.
How to Make Your Own Dress Form
– Four different ways to make a dress form that fits your body
Draft Your Own Corsetry Binder
– How to draft and make an adapted Elizabethan corset for a masculine silhouette.
Cut Out & Keep
– Instructions for making all sorts of things, including clothing and jewellery.
Leah Kurzepa’s Shield Tutorial
– how to make a punch grip shield.
Weapon Materials Round-up
– more general blog post for what goes into making things.
This to That
– Helpful advice on the best glue for sticking a named material to a different named material.
How to Make a Dwarven Beard
– What it says, how to make a Dwarven style beard out of yarn.
– a tutorial on how to make female faces look male, up to a point.
MaskWorld Make-up Tutorials
– A selection of tutorials primarily meant for using the MaskWorld range but useful for ideas and tips nonetheless.
– Generators of names, ideas and other randomness.
– Random number generation.
Fantasy Name Generator
– Comes up with names on a specific vocal types
The Latin Corner
– Random Latin phrases.
– more generators, including some very good ones for creating character bases and guilds/factions.
– Local weather forecasts.
Bath Echo Traffic
– Local live traffic reports and roadworks.